Yesterday instead of doing something constructive I decided to drive around the old Red GMC. Instead of mounting the gas tank under the hood I decided to "fab" up some mounts and put the motorcycle tank up on the roof. I now can use 3rd gear without starving out for fuel. With no speedometer it is a little hard to guess how fast I got it up to but I don't think I got it past 40 mph. The truck flooded out every time I parked it unless I remembered to shut off the fuel right away. The plugs are now a little fouled out. Also the truck seemed really doggy, I know these things are slow but it just didn't seem to pull like it should. Not sure if it is because of my jury rigged fuel delivery system or carb related. The carb is not original and I had to wire on the throttle linkage to the carb to use the throttle linkage. I also got the clutch unstuck so I can shift gears. The fuel pump started working after a while and it put fuel all over the motor. I now have it running into a Gatorade bottle. Soon I hope to have the tank flushed and I can get rid of the motorcycle tank setup. I think I put on about 30 very slow miles on it yesterday but it was fun anyway.

GMC in front of the Barn. Can see the motocycle tank on the top of the roof.

The motor sans motorcycle gas tank over carb

Last edited by That One Guy; 05/01/2009 6:39 PM.