My new to me 1952 1/2 ton Chevy has been sitting for 24 years. I will be swapping in a 1958 235. The flywheel on the 235 has been surfaced and it has a new clutch disc and pressure plate. The 216 flywheel would need to be surfaced and new clutch parts if I use it. Searching, I have seen a couple of references to turning down the 235 flywheel for a 216 ring gear. Considering the new parts on the 235 would I be better off going this route or using the 216 and buying new clutch parts? For anyone who has done this, did you use an automotive machine shop or regular machine shop?
From the searching I have done it does not look like I can just use the 58 truck bell housing and all the 235 parts- too bad, that would be the best solution.
Chuck