George,

The windows in the one I am referring to are sliding windows but the close-up pictures confirm the windows are not like standard suburban windows (I might have the same set of pictures you have). In addition, the interior trim around the windows is not like Suburban interior window trim (looks like school bus interior trim).

This truck has 3800 emblems on the hood and a 3800 door-jam ID plate. If this is correct, it would have 8800 lbs GVW and 137" wheelbase ( 230" bumper-to-bumper length (19.2') )

The floors have no matting.
The bench seats do not attach to the floor in the same way as Suburban seats.

I too was interested by the exterior photos of the whole tuck but became disinterested when I saw it was a conversion.

No factory 1-ton Suburbans are shown in the 47, 49, 50, early 54, late 54 Salesman Truck Data Books.

1954 3800 Panel converted to a small bus - mostly exterior shots

1954 3800 Panel converted to a small bus - mostly interior shots

Many of the interior photos are blurry but they show the repairs and metal patches that you refer to.

Tim