| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,475 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#52510 11/17/2005 5:28 AM | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | If you are going to rebuild a motor anyway, I would not go to the trouble of converting to a 250. I don't think its going to be enough more power to justify the conversion.
The 302 would be much more power for not a lot of conversion. The front mount is different and the motor is longer than a 235, but it looks very similar to the original, and parts from a GMC truck would allow you to use stock parts to move the radiator forward.
If you are going to convert to a later motor I'd go with the 292. You'll have some conversion issues. You'll need a different bellhousing that isn't going to fit your crossmember correctly and you'll need to build side mounts for the motor.
That's my two-cents. I hope its worth the trouble to read it all...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |