re-using the original gauges and motor on my 50 GMC. Bought a new oil pressure line / capillary tube, from LMC that included the tube and two fittings like the stock ones. the problem I have is that the fittings slide off the ends of the tube. the original line had been compressed some how so that a ring or lip was formed about a 1/4" from the end of the tube. this lip/ring or ridge (whatever the proper term is) would retain the fitting and seal it when the fitting was screwed into the gauge on one end and a hose from the engine on the other.
Called LMC and they said that they had never had a customer bring this up before and they would check it out and get back to me...so far no response. Thought maybe I could go to NAPA and pick up a different fitting that would be a compression on the tube end but have come up with nothing.
Anyone have any ideas how I can make my tube/fittings seal tight or could recomend a different setup/fittings?
Thanks
Alex