Originally Posted by 1953 panel
Hi, welcome. It's always neat when a father / son can work together on projects like that. So, are you planning to use the old rigs to haul in cars?


Well, to answer your first part; We have our own body man who is currently working on fixing some issues we have with the doors and the cab. But, we all will be pitching in. I'm not a very good/knowledgeable body man. I bought the truck about 2 years ago and took it apart right away and worked on here and there in the summer months and it got put away in the winter time (our busy time).

My goal was to fix these trucks up for show/parade, but always thought it would be really cool from time to time to go use them on an accident/wreck call. With the new cars of today, sling towing is about gone. A lot of cars require a flatbed or the owners request a flatbed be used. To each their own. The '51 GMC and one reason I bought it had a rare "axle lift" attachment to it that I really hadn't seen many of. I know SPANKY has the most of one person outside of the International Towing and Recovery Hall of Fame and Musuem in Chattanooga, TN.

(Sorry for the long response in the Intro room)


Billy.