Hey all, I love the website. I purchased a 1958 Chevrolet shortbed, stepside, 1/2 ton pickup about 3 years ago. I most likely paid way too much, but it was the dream truck for me. It came from California with a title and is 99% rust free. There is just a little on the bottom of the doors where leaves might have sat for a few decades. I was told it has the engine and trans from a mid 60's corvette. It is a 327, with a T-10 4 speed. To get it running, I had to empty the full tank of bad gas, and install a new gas line. It ran with the old quadrojet but not well. I added a new carb and intake, and pointless ignition system. The drivetrain is ok, it needs exhaust but I am satisfied there. It had no interior. I purchased some seats out of a late model silverado with the integrated seat belts so it would be a little safer. This all happened 2 years ago. The previous owner removed all the leaf springs except the main one, so the truck is sitting on the rubber bumpers on the frame. I did not want to waste money and do things twice so I have been saving to do the independant front suspension, and 4 link the back so she has just sat, undriven in my garage. I want to drive her. I am considering buying new leaf springs so I can enjoy it. It kills me it is just sitting. I get a couple thousand saved up and something happens and "POOF", that moneys gone. Anyone know where I can get leaf springs cheap, or should i try to continue to save for the IFS? Oh well, talk at you all soon, Dwayne.

Last edited by J Lucas; 04/16/2009 3:54 AM.