Hi Steve,
I had the replacement done by a shop so I don't know what cylinder was used. The replacement is in the same location as the original. The front brake line goes forward from the cylinder, the rear line goes toward the passinger side and then back to the rear. It was suggested to me to cut a hole in the floor to allow access to the MC, but i didn't like that. So I check the fluid from below the truck. I remove the cover and stick a finger into the reservoir to check the level. (The placement of the MC will not allow a visual check.) To add fluid, if necessary, use a plastic bottle with a hooked tube on the end; like the hooked plastic tube the dentist uses to draw saliva from your mouth while he/she works in your mouth. You will know when you have added enough because it will overflow. Let me know if this makes sense and is helpful. RichardR


1951 Chevy 3100