Hi Steve, my opinion is that if a mod needs to be done for safty then do it and who cares what others think wink.
I'm only 5' 11" and due to permant injury the clutch pedal is my problem. Bench seat bottom is to low and does'nt go back enouph for leg room I need. I sit on about 3"-4" of bath towels rite now for extra hight and it helps alot although a couple times in city stop and go I've had to hold my left leg at the knee to help get it and keep it on the pedal...driving and shifting with no hand on the wheel, I'm luckey the stearing is pefect. I want to keep the truck as stock as possible but have to bite the bulet and put bucket seats in and with that I can see still in a year or so haveing to change to an outo trans.

Lets see some truck pics, daily drives rule wave


It took 11 years but we got "an ol' truck",
was driven daily, now short drives only frown

http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr307/dogsareus/Our65GMC/