Every once in a while something that seems too good to be true really is --true, that is. The photos posted by jfnar showed my mind to be operating in dyslexic mode, so when I turned each shift rod around, they slid into place perfectly ! The shifter sold as for an A833 is actually for the 89mm. New question regarding the Hurst shifter--it cannot find reverse. The mechanism defaults to 3-4 position, and easily moves into 1-2, but it won't move that extra bit to engage the reverse arm. It was described as having been rebuilt (or at least cleaned up), and it clearly has been bead blasted, repainted and lubed with new grease. Is it possible that something was incorrectly replaced during re-assembly? I studied everything I could find in search of an internal schematic of the Hurst shifter, but can find nothing. Am I destined to do a de-construction?