Gentlemen,
Thank you very much, I'll try to uncover the serial # and post it here. My truck, or my truck to be, is thought to be from '26. Bucket headlights, wooden spokes and a rear brake only, but it has been modified by the owner(s) and it has a '28 engine. A label on the dash says 2000 lbs, so it's a 1-ton.
I haven't found a serial # on the frame yet, weather and work aren't cooperating to get it out of the field to a more civil environment. (Warm and dry) And I wouldn't know where to look either. I'm rather new to this. I am already happy that I have found a few parts that I need to get the engine running. (Distributor cab and possible some parts that are exchangeable) I went back last night with a flashlight and I found the carburetor + inlet and a horn that might belong to this block/vehicle. The added value of finding the block in my yard is that I might find the original owner or his family, I have been bugging the wrong family for info and pictures, and I'll have to make my apologies there.
I was thinking about bruised knuckles, WD40 and grease up to my elbows, but this is more like archaeology for the moment, it's fun or I have a slight case of the bolter flue, lets hope it stays.
Thanks again
Richard