Hi All,
I have the same blades I have used for years and the package says "for Skill U-Lock collar" and I was using blades that said for metal.
I tried cleaning up the mechanism with PB blaster and then with electro-motive aerosol cleaner, similar to brake-kleen. No help.
I put in a multi-purpose blade and cross cut a 2x4, no sweat. Then back too a metal blade and cut 1" long in some 11 ga. I think maybe it came out once. After all that, it still wouldn't cut the 18 ga. Either the saw is gummed up or going bad or the steel was just too flimsy. Time will tell I suppose. Got out the cutting torch and made hay on the 18ga. Then I had to grind the slag off. Think i'll just stick to 3" cut-off wheels. All this so I can have some metal to learn to use my Mig Welder (Hobart 187 - .023 wire on gas & polarity correct). So far, I'm pretty good at blowing holes with the welder, but I remain optimistic and have a couple people that can give me hands on advice. If I can't get the hang of it on the thin stuff I'll cut up some of 11ga and give that go. I'll keep you all posted on that, but in a new thread.