Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,644 | Hey guys,
Rather than start a whole new thread here I want to chime in on this one. My '50 is acting the exact same way as Michaels was before his rebuild. I've got a 216 cid with a Rochester one barrel. So after reading this entire thread I'm convinced that I too need to rebuild my carb. I've NEVER worked on one before but I'm handy with the tools.
Two questions......
1. Should I invest in buying a Carter carb (new or used)?
2. If I keep the Rochester where should I buy the rebuild kit? Does anyone have a reorder # and I'll try at NAPA. Anyone have a good DVD on rebuilding carbs they could loan me??
Thanks!
Spot
Chuck 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original) 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod) 1941 Chevy coupe 1938 Chevy coupe streetrod | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Mikestem | 02/11/2009 5:05 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| 00Truck | 02/11/2009 5:13 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| tclederman | 02/11/2009 5:15 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| dan-pa | 02/11/2009 6:32 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| WE b OLD | 02/11/2009 2:20 PM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Stuart_Giles | 02/11/2009 2:39 PM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Denny Graham | 02/11/2009 3:59 PM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| crenwelge | 02/12/2009 3:56 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Mikestem | 02/12/2009 4:48 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Mikestem | 02/19/2009 5:31 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| carbking | 02/20/2009 10:47 PM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Mikestem | 02/21/2009 4:48 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Spotbiltxo | 02/24/2009 4:18 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Mikestem | 02/24/2009 5:28 AM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| Spotbiltxo | 02/25/2009 9:16 PM |
Re: Yeah, it's RICH, but why the Choke?!!!
| just-a-hacker | 02/25/2009 9:50 PM | |
| |