Hi Jon,
I could use a little more of a history lesson on Carter. I thought they went out of business in the mid-80’s according to these articles.
http://www.builtstlouis.net/industrial/cartercarburetor.html http://chrysler300country.com/carter_carburetor_company_2.htm Not clear what you mean when you say you have Written permission from the Carter Company? Who owns the copyrights now and haven’t they run out yet? I see an awful lot of documentation posted out on the Internet, are they violating the copyrights? I believe you had mentioned before that you had bought some of their tooling and inventory, is that correct?
I’m interested in all that I can learn about these early carburetors so thanks for the articles.
Even though I would like to use NOS or parts made with the original Carter tooling, I’m not a big buck operation and in most cases I can’t justify the cost so I’m usually forced to use aftermarket parts or kits.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL