| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (2-Ton, MRMEROTH11, Gdads51, JW51, Shaffer's1950, Southerntruck, 1 invisible),
118
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,378 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#50927 10/08/2005 1:46 PM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 252 | When I bought the sway bar and brackets for my '68(all the bars and brackets are interchangeable '63-'87), for giggles I tried matching it up to the front of my '61. There is room on the front edge of the lower A arm to mount the bushings and brackets, and the bar will clear the centerlink fine. The only modification I could see other than drilling some holes was possibly to the "L" shaped bracket that mounts to the frame, that then accepts the "U" shaped brackets that holds the bushing/bar in place. I think it may need a small portion cut out of the short section and re welded to sit evenly on the frame as it's a slightly different shape than the later frames. The frame on the torsion bar trucks is also boxed in that area that will make bolting the brackets on a challenge, but they could be welded I suppose. The factory set up for the torsion bar trucks (there is one according to the assembly manual) is a end link sort of set up. I've never seen one, even on the larger trucks. | | |
| |
| |