| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 210 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 210 | I've had a lot of off & on trouble getting my 52 GMC to not hesitate and to just generally run well. FINALLY FIGURED THE PROBLEM!!! For some reason I never loostened the vacuum advance from the distributer. When I did that I was able to get the timing advanced far enough to make the little 228 RUN. The timing light is useless though because the marks aren't anywhere they are supposed to be. BUT WHO CARES. My wife can drive it now cause there's no hesitation and lots of low and top end power. I know I'm probably not the only temporary bonehead out there so I thought you would appreciate the story. Jim | | |
| |
| |