Did the T5 swap and wanted the short throw shifter because I used a old four speed shift lever. I did not want to spend a lot of time building a one inch spacer plate. I cut four one inch pices of 1/4 inch pipe and bolted them to the shifter mounting holes. I then cut four lengths of 5/16 x 1 inch steel strap that fit between the pipe. I welded the strap to the pipe. The shift pen has to be moved up one inch like the tech tips says. I took the pipe and strap off cleaned and painted it put it back on with some silcone sealer. There is no oil up there so all you need to do is keep the dirt and water out. You might have to drill the pipe out to fit the bolts. This went to geather very fast and all you need is a welder and a way to cut your steel.