Hi Guys,
I am new around here, mostly I can be found hanging around on the Dodge Power Wagon sites. My neighbor has a 46 ton and a half Chevy and has asked me to do a bunch of work on it. First are the wheel bearings and seals. I had heard from another Chevy truck guy that there were kits available for converting them over to roller bearings. I placed an order for some goodies at Jim Carters and they said they didnt have the kits for the ton and a halfs. Do you know if others offer this or am I best to just stick with the ball bearings? Also, the wheel seal they sent me is a felt seal. I sort of expected a neoprene seal. My experience with felt seals is that they are great at waering grooves into the mating part.
I have a reprint of a factory servive manual thats about a half an inch thick that covers cars and trucks for a bunch of years. Is there anything out there that is more model specific?
Thanks for putting up with my questions. If this truck was a Power Wagon I could do it in my sleep but I want to get it right. I hope to learn some of your tricks along the way!
Thanks,
Tim