Ok.. so it's not what you're thinking.

I mentioned that I had a compression problem to the mechanic up the road. He said to try this trick.

If it's carbon build-up in the valves, get the engine running and heated up. Find a vac-line and put it in a mason jar with about a half quart of water. Let the water be drawn into the engine and it will "steam clean" it. It'll blow a bunch of steam all over and probably run pretty bad while the water's being pulled through, but it "should clear out any carbon build-up in the valves."

I offer this up to the 'Bolt. Is it worth a shot?

Fire away

-J


'52 3800 Panel
School bus conversion... Glass all around. (check the gallery!)

outside of a dog, a book is a man's best freind.
inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx