| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51, mick53, Gdads51),
128
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | My 38 stuck between, mostly in the "heat on" position but not completely closed. I had a perennial hard-to-start-hot issue because there was too much heat in the carb. When I shut it off hot, it would boil the gas out of the bowl and into the intake. It was like trying to start a hot engine with the choke on. After a lot of effort I was able to loosen the heat riser up enough to move it but could never get it free enough for the thermostat spring to work as it should. I ended up jamming it into the heat off position and using the choke to assist with cold running. When the weather is cool I let it sit & idle for a couple of minutes before driving. With the manifolds connected there is plenty of heat in the carb by then.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |