Hi Guys & Gals,
I haven't played with old Chevy's for almost 30 years and although I used to know most info off the top of my head, that knowledge along with most of my hair has escaped.

Jr. and I are starting the search for an engine for his "first ride" a 56 3200. I'd like to see a 250 or 292, but he's kind of eager for a small block V8. For ease of installation and not cutting or otherwise bastardising a nice old truck, we are wondering if the later model (59 & up) V8s have the same front mounting bolt holes as the 55-58 so that we can use the original style mounting system. We already have the V8 bellhousing with the mounting pads (will this fit a 6-banger as well?) and are also wondering if the front frame brackets and the brackets from the front frame brackets to the engine are the same for 6-cyl and V8. Basically we need to know what fits this truck easily. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Gene & Jr