Ok I know its too late to mention this but the bearings can usually be tapped untill flush with the axle housing with the side of a short piece of 2x4. then just use a brass or aluminum drift (punch with a large tip) to finish driving it in by moving side to side. Once it is flush with the axle housing it is nearly impossible to get sideways. The seals can be tapped in flush with a large socket. Thus no parts to buy. I usually turn a large 3/4 drive socket backwards on the extension (but 1/2 drive will do if it is the right size) so I don't hit my hand. Also, If you clean the housing and the seal and put just a little RTV around the outside of the seal housing it can prevent some unexpected leaks. Be careful not to get the RTV on the rubber part of the seal or the bearing.


There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it can not be overcome by brute force and ignorance.