Originally Posted by Super55
That is a great looking restoration. What did you paint the axles and drums with? Those red powder coated wheels look great. Were the drums still good? What all did you do to the brake cylinders, and shoes. I am curious. Thanks for posting and you have a neat looking truck.

Thanks Super55, rear axle was wire brushed and treated with metal prep, then painted with por-15. The frame, front axle, springs, drums, hubs, and wheels were all sandblasted then powdercoated. All bearing surfaces were taped off with high- temp tape before powdercoating. I was lucky to have an old brake repair shop in town turn the drums. They were still within spec. They also relined the brake shoes for me. I found the wheel cylinder kits at Napa, and I carefully honed the cylinders myself before installing the kits. Napa also had the brake hoses. I'm glad I got the brake work done early on this project because that brake shop has now closed down. It's tough to find a shop that can still turn these big drums. My next step is to rebuild the engine and trans.