| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,487 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#47988 07/20/2005 2:19 PM | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 | When changing a wheel recently on my '64 C10 I noticed that the front suspension upper arm is worn at the pivot (front edge) and can be moved by hand with the truck jacked up.
I don't have space to strip it and then wait for parts (from US to England!) but I guess I'll need a new 'control arm shaft and bushing' (eg Chevy Duty # 74-311) but I can't really tell whether the bush has gone or the mounting point has worn away. The truck has hard a hard life with minimal maintenance before I got it.
I'd appreciate any advice on: * The likely cause of the problem (is it common?) * How to remove/refit the suspension arm & bushes
I don't have a workshop manual so any advice at all will be appreciated. Many thanks Simon | | |
| |
| |