I am putting a 292 in my 3/4 ton 1953 Chevy truck. Motor is built and mounted in the frame. I have been looking for a set of PS brackets for this motor. As you probably know, they are hard to come by. I have found a motor that was removed from an UPS truck, see attached pictures. The PS pump is different than ones I have seen on other 292's. It is a remote reservoir type and is mounted very low on driver's side. Above it is the alternator, then above that is something else. What is that something else? Is it a smog pump? I see no reason why I could not use this set-up in my truck. The top brackets could maybe be used to mount my AC compressor, although I was planning on mounting it on the passenger side. Anyone see any problems I need to watch out for ?

Here are some pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2945997250103486525KbXhLM?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2283708810103486525XglYJv?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2768891450103486525QtruoF?vhost=good-times


Kevin
http://community.webshots.com/user/49chevyman?vhost=community
"The only people who do not make mistakes, are people who do not do anything."