| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,384 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Since no one has responded I'll offer what little I understand about this. With the 'vette front end you don't have a pan or steering clearance problem that nearly everyone runs into with engine conversions. Having said that it would seem to me that your concerns are primarily going to be the firewall and floor issues. A few simple measurements or a mock fit would sure tell you a lot about how it's going to go. Removing the firewall and fitting a custom recessed smoothie in place that offers the fit you need or like may become necessary. I have no idea how a Corvette engine mounts but I'm guessing that the mounts could be relocated once you determine the new location which I think is your original question. I doubt you'll be able to avoid the torch. This is the route my friend who builds rods takes and his always seem to work out.
Good Luck and be sure to keep us in photos as it progresses. | | |
| |
| |