Well, 4 years ago, I took my '62 into Oneday under my friends commercial account. My truck was literally hammered all over! Not one panel was straight, and the floor was swisscheesed! I did weld in the patch panels for the floor, and remove all of the trim, mirrors, bumpers, etc. They smoothed it all ( mostly) welded in my rollpan, and painted it naval grey outside, and gloss black inside for 1200.00 . It's somewhat cheesy, and I'm sure there's a Corvette's worth of plastic under the paint, but it doesn't look bad to the layman! I know it's not the level of perfection most of y'all are seeking, but it get's me by! I was astounded by the difference, especially after having paid 5k to straighten and paint my '66 chevelle 12 years ago!

BTW, I did'nt get a breakdown, but $40.00 seems likely for bodywork rates around here. Unless you go to a dealer or some other bigwig.


Who is John Galt?