Was any extra work done when the head was reworked and is it an 848? What year is the motor? I started with this same setup and couldn't get to a nice matched set of Rochesters (I have a box of like 20 somewhere) I rebuilt several, they all leaked...

This was on a 58' 235 30 over with a 3/4 cam. I ended up with split stock exaust and the 3X intake with Langdon's Carter/Weber setup. and an HEI Dizzy. It ran great backed by an S10 5 speed and a 3.90 Rear..

Your setup should run good I think if you get the carbs setup right. The progressive will be a trick but is do'able. Clearance on the rear carb is gonna be close but can be done. You will lose that support rod, take em both out.

Like you said worse case you can put your blockers in and run it for looks, but you know that's not as much fun. smile Enjoy it that way, save up and add the cam and you'll see a difference.

Mongo


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com