Bob I sent you a personal email but it came back. Parking on a hill is no real solution. You have to find out why the oil is getting to the diff. It may be that you snicked the oil seal on the okie when it was installed. The trans were designed to allow some seepage of oil into the bell to lube the uni joint only. When I installed my okie I had to dress a few splines on the driveshaft as I must have knocked them as I was trying to get the old front bushing out. They had sharp edges and would most likely have cut the seal when installing the okie if I hadn't have done this.
I'm sure some of the other guys will add their two cents worth. What adds to the problem with this job is that there has been some variation in sizes of the okie so its important to make sure that it will fit into the shaft. Otherwise its pull your hair out time, use up the full vocabulary of swear words and toss the bloody thing as far as you can.
Bob