Point to consider.
We're trying to keep a classic truck or car up and running. An American classic. But when I did my rebuild, almost every, and I mean nearly EVERY part had been manufactured out of the U.S. Not hard to figure, when you consider just about all the tooling has been sold to foriegn countries. Not once have I gotten a part that has been made to the standards of the original. Best I can do is live with that fact, and shop best I can for the best quality part I can find. If someone finds good quality parts, then they should be telling everyone they know about who, what, and where. The how much shouldn't have to figure into it. But the reality of it is that most of us only have so much to spend on our projects, and sometimes the cheaper part has to do the job. Sucks, huh?


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr