| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 | Oleblue:
OK, I measured my frame and this is what I got:
1. I measured exactly 29 1/2" from front of frame to the center of the 1/2" reference hole. That validates your measurement on the dot. 2. I measured per the article that I referenced in my prior post. This measurement from the front spring mount hole to the same 1/2" hole and it measured 20 and 3/4" not the 20 and 7/8" the article stated.
So that reference hole has got to be pretty close. I doubt you could see half an inch difference either way...
Still hoping some other folks will briefly describe how they centered thier Task Force front axles. Anyone????
R-Bo
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction) 1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
| | |
| |
| |