| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,271 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#46381 06/17/2005 2:18 PM | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 363 | I know we have a couple of hydraulics guys out there. Any ideas on hooking up a later model hydroboost system if I'm not going to put power steering in?
Here's the normal installation
PS pump high pressure to HydroBoost HB high pressure to Steering Gear HB low pressure to PS pump SG low pressure to PS pump
special pumps are used that have two return lines
Can I send the HB high pressure output through hydraulic hose that is double clamped to return it to the pump through the second return nipple? Is there a valve I can use to lower the pressure and return it to the pump. Should I have a high pressure fitting welded into the PS pump resevoir to return the HP output from the hydroboost unit?
Thanks, Chris | | |
| |
| |