I have used Chassis Engineering suspension parts including the bolt in Mustang II front suspension and the bolt in rear spring kit in a '51 Chevy BelAire and a '49 chevy 1/2 ton pick up truck. The rear spring kit does lower the rear end significantly, (at least 4") and it moves the rear axle back about 1 1/2" to center the wheels in the fender opening. The springs are 2 1/2" wide and this kit cannot be used with the original torgue tube axle. You use a GM 10 bolt or 12 bolt rear or a Ford 8" or 9" rear. Be prepared to do some altering to the rear end mounts, as the bolt holes aren't always in the exact location. You may need to oval out some of the holes to get every thing to line up. I have found some quality control issues that I was able to deal with and modify. If you have fabrication skills, then you won't have any problems that you can't fix. You can run any modern wheel you want that will clear the capliers on the front disc brake suspension