| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Peggy M, klhansen, Wayne67vert, 52Carl, Hotrod Lincoln, Forty9, walter74, HandyAndy, cmayna, 55shaker, TPR57C),
138
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,282 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | After 9 years I do have the engine. It is in the truck. And it won't run for very long. Poop. What is the problem. I think that it is electrical. We get gas.
So. I filled up the cooling system with antifreeze and water. I put oil in the block and turned the oil pump (with drill and screw driver thing) until there was visible oil in the rocker arm assembly. And there is gas. I had the carburetor rebuilt by a professional so that is not the problem.
Electrical. OK. I understand that most of the stuff is old but new. I put the points at .018 the book says .019 with start up. Who squabbles about .001. Or what ever the feeler gauges numbers are. Oh. The new coil was getting hot so I put in the old one. It stayed cool.
What else is there? Condensor. Coil. Regulator. Distributor.
How do I go through the system and check for what it could be?
Thank you very much.
The engine would run for a short time but then die.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | |
| |
| |