I think this article was written by a technical writer who never opened the door of an advance design truck. He was probably taking a rough stab at what he figured GM meant by the term. It was however used in the ad campaigns but it was just that, advertising hype!
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1947-1955-chevrolet-trucks.htm

However, I do have to say that it really taint to bad as long as you’re not stuck in traffic. In fact my “big old wife” and me are gonna take a little trip over this evening to the Dairy Hut for their cruise night about 25miles away. It’s over 80° today and mama isn’t to nuts about riding with out air conditioning, she’s spoilt you know. In other words, the old rust bucket has to have pretty decent ventilation or I wouldn’t get her to take these long trips just for a malt and a hotdog.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL