My 653 in my 1966 C70 Chevy will Idle down fast to about 1100 rpm from a higher speed then holds there at 1100 +or - for 1 sec then goes to idle. Is this normal? I can not move the lever to idle its being held in side the governor until it lets it go to idle. I have the linkage off so its not binding.

Also what should it Idle at? And where is the Idle adjustment at I believe its under the cover with the small two bolds holding it just same as me 353? Can I just adjust the idle with out adjusting any thing else?

And the fuel filters, the secondary is on the motor like it shows in the photos in the operators manual but what I can not see is where the primary filter should be?
Right now its on the rear of the truck next to the passenger side fuel tank . I think it should be closer to the fuel pump nearer the motor.
And the return line is going to the bottom of the fuel tank. The fuel pick up is coming off the top of the tank it must have a pick up tube. I would like to return the lines and filter to the stock locations if there not right now.

Parts needed:
Drive side front fender or the front half cut off a good fender.
Glove box light cover on the out side of the glove box door.
Air tank check valve the one screwed into the top of a duel compartment tank , Need the part that seals the air from thak to tank the small plastic or? puck that goes under the spring.

Brian