The clutch head screws were actually used at least through the 1970's, maybe later. When I worked at a Chevrolet dealer in the late 70's-early 80's I had a late 70's Chevrolet custom van that I had to replace a quarter panel on. The rear floor was carpeted & stapled to plywood,and the plywood was screwed to the van floor with clutch head screws. I had no idea what they were and one of the older bodyman in the shop had a set of clutch head drivers he let me use.


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)