My local Harbor Freight sells Norton Rapid Strip discs to fit their 7" sander-polishers. The price was right, so I tried one out. Boy, do they work great! I stripped a set of window sashes that had 100 years worth of gummy house paint on them. It stripped the paint right off without loading up or hurting the wood underneath. I'm sold. I had been hitting them with a heat gun and scraping them and it took an hour to do each one. I did it in less than 10 minutes with the disc and I was being careful. The disc didn't seem to lose much abrasive in the process. Looks like it would be good to strip a truck with, I'm trying that next.

Buy the 7" variable speed grinder/polisher and one of these discs from Harbor Freight and you have a very good solution for about $50.

Last edited by 4ontheFloor; 09/03/2008 12:20 AM.

Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.