I know its not Stovebolt related but it involves a 4 cylinder Toyota diesel. The engine has been working fine and yesterday for some unknown reason it would not turn over. Its a 24 volt system and the batteries are good. I pulled the starter thinking maybe the Bendix was jammed in the ring gear. On the front pulley is a large bolt and even with a long flex handle and socket the engine will not budge. We have pulled the glow plugs and the ignitors to relieve the compression and nothing. Its almost as if something is wedged in there to prevent it turning. I am thinmking of pulling the timing gear cover to see if there are any broken gears jamming the engine from turning.
Looking at the shop manual it indicates possibly a main bearing, a broken con rod or wrist pin. However I think that if that were the case the engine would still turn with all the torque we have applied manually to the front pulley. But its frozen stiff and this happened just about overnight.
Appreciate any ideas.