The 1.5 and 2 tons don't have much wider fenders, and only about 1.5" wider axle/track width than the 1 ton.

The 1.5 and 2 ton fenders look pretty poor with 8-19.5 tires in them, the wheel and tire combo looks to small I think.
This truck (not mine) has the 19.5 wheels and tires, it is a COE, but fender openings are similar to the conventional 1.5 and 2 tons. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2266791690080251109cjiqet

I am not sure there is an easy way to widen the front fenders to fit a wide axle because of the grill and head light. Running boards would not match up as well, and may need to then be wider too?

I have considered all these options before, and for me I decided that narrowing the P30 axle was the best and best looking option, and possibly not much more work than the other ways, but with I think far superior results in look and function of the whole truck.

My 1 ton pickup has a 1955 model 235 and a 4 speed, it had 4.56 gears. Other than the great disc brakes (front and rear) and power steering it was essentially stock, or close to it. It performed well, took me on an 8,000 mile trip around the country in a month, at just over 50 mph. The axles and PS that I put under it are now under my 48 2 ton. I had planned for them to be in a 2 ton from the very beginning, the 1 ton was just a test mule. The 2 ton, has a diesel, a 10 speed, and the P30 axles with 9R22.5 tires, seen here: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2363176510080251109dwKHxr

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-