I found and bought a 31 Chevy 1.5ton up in N. Idaho a couple days ago. Hadn't been run in quite few years, checked the spark, gas, took the valve cover over and dumped some oil over the rockers, it fired right up, idles great, have a cooling issue but other than that it runs/drives great. I do have a couple questions.

1. Is the cooling system pressurized?
2. Can I get a thermostat at Napa, anyone have a part number?
3. The brakes are not the greatest, I can stop it fine but with a load it might be quite a task, is that typical.
4. The wiper motor appears to run off a wired that runs up the window frame. When the ignition is off the wired read, 6v when it's on it read 0v. Should the wiper motor have ground wired or does is it ground throught the window frame.
5. It came with three little kerosene latterns in a rack/holder. the guy I bought the truck from thought they were the precurser to road side flares. They are about inches round, a few inches tall and have a metal cap the covers the wick. I saw a similar item on the web and they were engine heaters. Anyone know anything about these.

This is the oldest rig I've owned, it's got 40+ years on me. I've replaced my 52 2 ton with this. If anyone in the Spokane area wants a 52 2ton let me know.


Jason
1946 GMC COE
1967 Pontiac Lemans Convertible

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/jrpontiac/library/?sort=3&page=1