| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (50Chevy3100, BC59, 1 invisible),
111
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,345 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Ralph,
It sure seems like massive overkill to run such a large wire to the coil, but I'm not an electrical engineer.
What would prevent you from using a 10 gauge wire from ammeter to keyswitch BATT and another 10 gauge wire from keyswitch ON to your new coil. It isn't SOP to fuse this circuit.
I am wondering if the electrical characteristics that Jerry outlined for the big conventional GM HEI with coil-in-cap apply to your mini unit with stand alone coil.
I have seen some huge 80,000 volt coils and they sure didn't have a 10 gauge wire feeding them....but what do I know.
Stuart
| | |
| |
| |