The gen and temp lights are on different circuits from the panel lights, though since they are working, I would think you had a good ground.
Edit
The gauge dash has a flex circuit. I just checked a standard dash and it has NO flex circuit.
I have a 68 as well and the instrument panel is not wired with individual wires. The flex circuit on the back, has printed copper traces on flexible plastic. There is a rectangular connector about an 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 on the wire harness that plugs into it. Since it sounds like you have the standard panel, I'd pull it out and check with your test light to see if you have power to the connector or any problem with the flex circuit. IIRC all you have to do is disconnect the speedo cable and remove the the screws holding the panel on, makes things easier. The grounds are the where the circuit is attached to the metal panel. If care is not taken in removing and replacing the panel light sockets the copper traces can be damaged, but I wouldn't think all of them. Hope that gives you a little bit more to work with.
Larry
Last edited by LGriffin; 07/13/2008 10:02 PM.