| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Dusty53),
174
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#43124 12/24/2004 1:20 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Thanks, guys! I like my freeze plug heater for what it does but I'm also interested in heating the oil. My old 235 and new 261 start just fine when it's cold but I want to baby the 261.
Jason and Buddy, It's interesting that those products are designed for racers who don't want to start their engines when it's as cold as 65 degrees!
Jeg's unit heats the oil from 60 deg. to 180 in 45 minutes. One of the Moroso oil pan pads heats from 66 to 160 deg. in 25 minutes. Moroso has another lower wattage pad that my freeze plug heater can keep up with. I think I'll get that one.
Thanks, everyone. 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |