| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
117
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#43120 12/23/2004 11:47 PM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Jason, I like the idea of a heater right under the oil pump. Is it just tacked on with welds?
The last time I looked in the applications book, only a freeze plug heater was listed for the 235/261. Some engines don't have the right convection circulation patterns for a tank heat (heater hose) or a lower radiator hose heater. The heating element overheats.
I had a 1500 W tank heater on a 283 when I lived in Wyoming. One hour is all it took in very cold weather.
Jason, I like the idea of a heater right under the oil pump. Is it just spot welded? 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | |
| |
| |