| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gray_Ghost, mvigo, TS3600, joe apple, 55shaker, JW51, PAUL Berardi),
105
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,329 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Well yesterday morning I was hauling topsoil to my job on Spanaway Lake and on the second load while trying to maneuver my way down a steep incline with a sharp 90* multi point turn at the bottom I broke the rear end in Big Ugly. While I was backing back up the steep slope to jockey for position at the bottom with a full load I heard a loud pop and the old girl ceased to move under her own power. My first thought was I had broken an axle so I headed back to the shop and pulled the axles from the old 57 parts truck in the field cleaned them up and headed back for the job to in stall them. Popped the right side hub cover and sure enough it was broken, “GOOD I THOUGHT TO MY SELF” so I replaced the axle jumped in and she still failed to move. So I dragged my laborer back out to my shop with me and we pulled the third member from that parts truck and hung it from the engine crane above the solvent tank and clean it up gave it a good once over and now this morning we will be installing it, sure glad I had a spare. I think I broke not only the axle but I think the pinion shaft popped at the same time Kinda strange that that would happen and there is no grinding everything spins smooth but no gear engagement. | | |
| |
| |