| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 322 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 322 | A couple of years ago I bought a rebuilt Carter YF 2100S and put it on my stock '57 235. It must have been an older rebuild as I had to replace the gaskets due to a little leak. All has been good until recently. When starting cold in the morning I used to be able to choke and the engine started easily and warmed up fine. Now I can only choke a little and then I have to close the choke or else it runs way too rich and rough. I have also gotten a couple of backfires after slowing for a stop sign and then trying to take off....only one little pop and then it's fine. Gas mileage is also starting to decrease as well.
What do you think....time to rebuild?
Chuck
Blue 50
1950 3100 w/57 235 Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end | | |
| |
| |