Old Sub,
What year/model rear end did you use to get the 3.08 gears? Is it a 5 or six lug rear? My donor 55 GMC rearend sat too long in the WA humidity, and looks like I'll only be able to save the center section as I will have to use a cutting torch to get the drums off. Hopefully can save the backing plates and brake parts. Most likely will weld the perches on the 48 rear, and swap the third-member and have a driveline built. Tired of replacing the front u-joint at $50 a pop. ANd I like driving it too much to leave it be. It currently is my daily driver, since fixing the accelerator pump in the carb, and since the Datsun is down for a brake rebuild.... But the 48 gets better mileage than the 94 454 Sub.... Gotta get the Datsun back on the road as these gas prices are out of control....
Garry


Garry K in Pac Nor West
1948 Chevy PU 235 SM420 4 spd
1932 **** B pu
1964 Datsun 4x4 with SBC, SM465 4spd and Rockwell xfer Dana 44Fr and 12 Bolt Rr.