gofsbuick,

I have a copy of Lightning Reference which is a fluid power designers bible. I tried to look up the flow stats on a tube 5/16" in diameter. I was going to amaze you with my knowledge but I couldn't figure out what I was reading...duh!

I will fall back on my gut feeling. I picture a huge 4 barrel carburetor, working WOT as you blast down the road. I cannot see all the jets in that carburetor passing more fuel through their tiny orifices than that 5/16" pickup tube can supply.

Add this to the fact that there is a pretty big bowl full of fuel, not to mention the contents of all the plumbing on the discharge side of the pump. It seems to my untrained brain that your current pickup tube would be completely adequate, but I have been real wrong before. eek

Stuart

Last edited by atomarc; 05/23/2008 3:32 AM.