I'm guessing it has one of the dual point conversion plates in it that fit both the 235 and the 302 distributor. These do not use the same points as original, and they have to move the condenser to the outside of the distributor. It would be easiest to take the points out and take them to a parts counter to match them. The other possibility is that it is a corvette 235 distributor.

I have one of these plates in my 261. I usually set it so it has 10 more degrees of dwell than stock, and the way to set it is to first block the leading points (the ones that open& close first) open with a piece of paper, then set the timing and dwell to stock using the trailing points. Then remove the paper and adjust the gap of the leading points to make the dwell come out to around 43-45. The ignition fires whenever both the points are open.

Last edited by 4ontheFloor; 05/05/2008 11:14 PM.

Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.